9 August 2020: Collected the Nomad from the factory on Wednesday, 8th August. Was an absolute glorious day for collection, arguably too hot, however this soon changed to rain later. Really impressed with the factory and the hand over from Henry. He was very meticulous and witty at the same time. Fortunately, Andrew my son was with us who mentioned the museum, so we were fortunate to be able to look around that too.
As for the Nomad, it’s everything I imagined. Yes, it’s tricky to get in and out, but once in it’s fine. Henry suggested we avoid the M5 on the way home, so that I could bed in the clutch and brakes, which I did.
Anyway, here are a few pictures, more narrative later.
1 January 2020: Below is the specification of the car ordered:
- Cherry Red Chassis, RHD, Black Body Panels, Big Red Logo on Bonnet
- 235BHP 6 Speed
- Supercharger System for K24
- Heavy Duty Clutch including K20 Flywheel
- Oil Cooler System (In Engine Bay)
- Cat Bypass Pipe
- Exhaust Guard Black
- Stainless Fittings on Brake lines and Clutch Line
- Alcon 4 Pot Caliper/290 Disc Front
- Alcon 4 Pot Caliper/290 Disc Rear
- Mechanical Handbrake system for rear Alcon 4 Pot Caliper brakes Hydraulic Handbrake System
- Cockpit Adjustable Remote Brake Bias
- Ohlins Multi Adjustable Hydraulic Bumpstop Dampers with 2 piece springs Quick Release Steering Wheel
- Side Panels Smoked
- 3″ FIA Seat Belts/Harnesses (each side) Drivers Only
- 15″ Wheel Package/All Terrain Sport 50% Road 50% Off Road Tyres Spare Wheel and Tyre
- Spare Wheel Carrier
- Stainless Steel Fixings
- Full Heated Front Windscreen including Washers and Wipers
- Locking Fuel Cap
- 12v. Auxillary feed with Cigarette Lighter Type Socket
- Fitted TomTom Rider Europe GPS
- Passenger + clutch footrest
- Battery Optimiser/Trickle Charger
- Front Winch Bumper (includes Front Tow Eye and Radiator Guard) Rear Bumper (includes 2 x Rear Tow Eye)
- WARN Winch Assembly (Front Only)
- Single LED whip in white
- LED HI-LEVEL brake light
- Front Suspension Box and Body Tub Guard
- Coolant Pipe Guard – Engine Bay to Body Tub
- Sump Guard/Bash Plate
- Light Moutning Bar with x 4 Daytime Running Lamps and Driving Light Carbon Fibre Instrument Panel
- Paint Bulkheads etc Black
- Alternative Colour Powder Coat Wheels Black
- Alternative Colour Powder Coat Chassis Cherry Red
- Xtra bonnet in Cherry Red, with large Ariel logo
- Road Pack
- IVA Test
- Road Tax + Registration.
The demand means I have to wait for a year before I can specify the vehicle. Two items are a must – Supercharger, which raises bhp up from 235 to 300bhp and hi-spec dampers, either Bilsteins or Ohlins. The 235 bhp version is supposed to accelerate to 60 in 3.4 secs, means the supercharged version should be lively.
The rest is personal choice and clearly dependent on what you Ain to do with the vehicle.
There is a fantastic VLOG on Youtube where MUDNOMAD telling his story of ownership. Ariels website is at: http://www.arielmotor.co.uk